On July 31, Elsevier is discontinuing their product MD Consult. As you are probably aware, many of the student textbooks provided by the library are available through MD Consult. Have no fear! Elsevier replaced MD Consult with something bigger and better: ClinicalKey.
Explore ClinicalKey Now! It provides:
- Over 1,100 medical reference books
- Over 500 medical journals
- All Procedures Consult content and associated procedural videos in various specialties
- Over 750 Point-of-Care clinical monographs
- Over 2,900 clinical pharmacology drug monographs from Gold Standard
- Over 450 trusted, surgical, point-of-care content
- Over 15,000 patient education handouts
- All clinical trials from the ClinicalTrials.gov database
- Over 4,000 practice guidelines
- More than 20 million MEDLINE abstracts
- Over 13,000 medical and surgical videos and over 5 million images
- A comprehensive list of the content is located here.
The library will provide access to MD Consult until July 31. This provides users with the time they need to replace MD Consult course content links with ones from ClinicalKey. A list of durable URLS for books, book chapters, journals, etc., is located here in the Setup Resources section. If you need assistance, please contact the library and we can provide the links for you.
Tips and tricks for ClinicalKey will be coming in the following weeks, so stay tuned!
We hope you’ve had a chance to use ClinicalKey. If you are interested in helpful tutorials, videos, and guides for navigating ClinicalKey, please visit: